Today, July 24, 2012 is my first anniversary as a runner. What better way to celebrate it than with a nice run. I went to Island Cove early this evening and ran alone. There were no other runners on the island.
It was very quiet on the island. It gave me a chance to think and I realized that running has changed my life in a number of ways:
- When I go to shopping malls, I find myself gravitated to sport specialty stores, when before I seldom enter them.
- When I enter a bookstore, the first things I check out are running magazines and books.
- I now have more running shirts and shorts.
- I ask a lot of questions when buying a new pair of running shoes, when before I buy them if I like the color or if they’re on sale 🙂
- My family and friends almost always would give me running accessories as gifts.
- I drink more glasses of water.
- I love to visit websites and blogs dedicated to running.
- After a run, removing my sweat soaked sports bra makes me happy. I know! It’s gross. haha! Well, you know what they say:
Anyway, after an hour of running, I went home soaked in sweat and happy. Then I fixed myself a bowl of kani salad for dinner. That’s my no-fuss celebration of my anniversary.
I can say that running has not taken over my life. Running enhanced it.
Thank you Lord for this past year. I pray for more years of running.